Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Going UUP for a Currency Trade 6/4/08

From thestreet.com

I spent the first 20 years of my life playing baseball. I started with Little League and Babe Ruth Baseball, then High School ball and College as well. My career culminated with a two-year stint in the Pittsburgh Pirates organization.
After tearing my rotator cuff, I was tossed into the real world with a thud. I spent the next 20 years trading on the floor of the New York Mercantile Exchange(NMX - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr). That culminated with a high-stress book and about five years on their Board of Directors.
Then I was asked to do a TV show for traders at the end of the trading session. We were going to sit around and have a cup of coffee and talk about what just went down. I got the bug and decided to give TV a try. Career re-invention number three!
That show we developed became "Fast Money" on CNBC. There was only one problem: we taped that show from 6:30 PM through 8:00 PM on most nights. I would get home at around 9:00 PM every night. My seven year-old son would wait up for me until I got home. He would have tears in his eyes every night. I was torn.
I loved the ego gratification that came with being on television. Being recognized in the mall or at a restaurant was cool. But, it was crushing my son. We are so close, I had to make a decisions and I did. I promised him that if the show stayed at that hour, I would leave. I try never to break a promise. I left the show..........
Rest Of Article